Thursday 11 April 2013

Small Kitty, New City



I have to admit that I don’t live the most exciting lifestyle. While I may be a 20-something student living in a big city, I’ve never been one for poorly lit clubs, filled with guys wearing too much cologne, girls wearing not enough at all and music throbbing  so loudly that my ribs vibrate. 

I’m not exactly financially irresponsible, either. I pay attention to my chequing accounts – which haven’t been in the red for a few years now – and always make sure to pay my bills and tuition on time.

None of this changes the fact that I’m a broke college student who has just moved to a big city of flashing lights, night clubs and skyscrapers that can be seen for miles. 

Being broke doesn’t quell my ambitions, though, and I have a lot of things that I want to accomplish:
Most importantly, I want to go on a diet – but not in the conventional sense of the word. I want to make a few lifestyle changes that including switching eating habits from those typical of a broke college student (pizza and take-out and fast food, oh my!) to something that won’t cause me to sweat pepperoni grease during finals season, and actually finding the time to exercise on a regular basis.

Furthermore, living in the city means that I’m close to a culture that doesn’t exist in my native suburban habitat, and this culture needs to be explored; I need to have fun and get out more on Saturday nights!

So, hello and glad to meet you. I’m a small kitty in a big new city and these are my furry adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment